Dare to Overcome (DTO) (August 22-24, 2021) is the Religious Freedom & Business Foundation’s global “intersectionality conference” highlighting the ways diverse communities support and reinforce one another in building more inclusive workplaces and peaceful societies. Each day focuses on a different theme:
– Aug. 22: Social Justice, Equity and Religious Non-discrimination
– Aug. 23: Intersectionality Between Faith & Abilities Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
– Aug. 24: Business for Interfaith Understanding, Peace & Inclusion
The first day of DTO coincides with the International Day Commemorating the Victims of Acts of Violence Based on Religion or Belief, highlighting the global challenges to inclusive and peaceful economies coming from restrictions on freedom of conscience, religion or belief.
Dare to Overcome is also the global convening point for faith-and-belief employee resource groups (ERGs). Members of these ERGs will gather virtually in support of their colleagues around the world and share best practices in three areas:
– First, invite their disabilities/abilities ERG colleagues to join them in discussing best practices for effective ERGs and for being workplace allies of people with disabilities.
– Second, share experiences of successful ERGs in different regions of the world.
Dare to Overcome’s program also includes the Global Business Overcomer’s Award for companies whose workplaces help people with disabilities to excel and the Paralympic Peace Prize for current or former Paralympians who promote peace.
Also see our Japanese website for details on our local empowering seminars for people in Japan with disabilities: https://dtojp.org/